Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Writing Update

I've decided that the title of the second book in Element Preservers series will be Runaway. Of course, I might change the title at some point, but this one feels right, so I'll most likely keep it. Runaway will follow Ria's story right from the moment where Dangerous ended. I'm still not in the process of writing it, but Ria is already whispering into my ear because she is very impatient. I'll start writing when I finish my current project and, hopefully, Runaway will be ready for publishing in August 2012. I can't wait to see where Ria takes me, but I also can't wait to show her things I know about that she doesn't. We'll see who'll be surprised more in the end.

    My demon/angel story is going well and I'm still looking around for any demon/angel stories that could be similar. I don't want my book to resemble any other books, but I know that is hard to avoid because there are tons of books out there. The protagonist of this one is a 17-year-old girl, Ariel, and yes, reading José Enrique Rodó's essay Ariel might have influenced me to choose that name. So far, I love writing from her POV because she's different from Ria. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is that my two gay characters are demons in hell, which might lead people to wrong conclusions. However, I'll do my best that it doesn't. I'm not going to follow any of the usual beliefs about demons and angels, maybe only some if I find them fitting.

    And of course I got an idea for another book, but that will have to wait. I'm still not sure would that one be YA or not. The main character would kill someone and I'm not sure is this suitable for YA, even thought I have read some books where this and more was perfectly fine. I guess I'll have to think a bit more about the plot to figure it out. But right now this is just a thought at the back of my mind, nothing more. Oh, and this one would probably have vampires in it. I love vampires, but for some weird reason I'm not writing about them yet. 

Alycia Linwood

No comments:

Post a Comment