Thursday, September 29, 2011

My New Book

I've been thinking a bit, and yes, the title I first had in mind when I started writing my next book stays. It's really funny, but sometimes I just feel something fits and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. So the title of my next book will be Human. I have no idea what's with me and one word titles, but I love them. If I finish this book how I planned, it will be a stand-alone book and won't turn into series, trilogy or anything like that. Sometimes it's almost impossible not to turn your book into series. It happened to me with Element Preservers because I just couldn't finish Ria's story in Dangerous. There were too many possibilities for new plots and resolving everything in short time would have felt completely unnatural.

      I think I mentioned it already in my last post, but I can say again that Human is different from Dangerous and surprise, surprise, doesn't contain profanity and sexual situations. Ariel is a very nice character, even though she's only a year younger than Ria (Element Preservers). She is actually a bit more like me, but she still does things I'd never do. I won't reveal much more because I need to finish writing it, and when I do, I'll come up with a blurb. The only thing I can tell now is that it won't be a book for people who aren't open-minded when it comes to religion. I'm still in the process of finding people who will proofread it once it's done. But since I don't know the exact date when that will be, I'm having a problem. Anyway, I hope I'll solve this soon. Human should be published in January 2012, and I hope it won't be postponed. I'm not a full-time writer, so I'll see how things go.

      I'm doing an experiment with Smashwords because people keep saying it takes forever to get your price updated everywhere. I changed the price of Dangerous two days ago, and I'm still waiting for retailers to notice it. I'll post an update about it when it happens. I know many authors want to figure this one out since it's important for promotion of other books, and it would be annoying to wait forever to change the price if you want it for a specific time only. Dangerous still hasn't appeared on Kobo, and Sony still doesn't have my overview, but I suppose price change should come through faster. Maybe Sony finally realizes I do have an overview.

Have a nice day everyone. I'll go back to writing now.

Alycia Linwood

No comments:

Post a Comment