Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Runaway (Element Preservers, Book 2) - Cover and Blurb!!!

So, as I have promised, it's the time for me to share the cover and the blurb for the next book in Element Preservers series, Runaway, which will be out in August this year. :D I must say I'm really excited about this. Even more than I thought I would be. Oh, well. I had so much fun writing this book and the editing process right now is also very... interesting. It actually involved carrying some papers under a shirt to see whether they were visible or would they drop. XD Don't even ask. You'll get it once you read the book. I had to see if what I had written was possible. But let's go back to the topic. So yes, the cover. The cover is again a simple one because that's how I like it for this series. Just like the cover for Dangerous, this one is symbolic too. :D I know, I know, symbols aren't always easy to understand, but to me each part of the cover represents something in the story. I would tell you what, but that would be a loooot of spoilers for Runaway, and I'm not willing to share those. But let's get to that cover! Finally!


So, what do you think? Definitely the ugliest thing you've ever seen, right? :P Now let's get to the blurb. This one was impossibly hard to write. Why? Well, because I was trying not to tell you anything... spoilery. And yeah, I was playing with words a bit, so I could cover what happens but still keep everything a secret. I wonder if I actually succeeded. Here it is:

Surprised by Adrian's sudden disappearance, Ria is determined to find him, even if that means she has to trust her brother and go to her father's party. However, soon she realizes that her father, as the president of the newly founded Element Preservation Organization, plays a big role in the future of not only magic disease carriers, but also everyone with an element. As the secrets surrounding the magic disease and elements are revealed, Ria doesn't know who she can trust. But when an ex-lover turns into an enemy and a tragic accident changes everything, you can't just run away.

Any thoughts? :D I can tell you that this book will explore Ria's relationship with her parents a bit more. A lot of secrets will be revealed. Some characters will realize they were wrong about something. A bit more of magic will be used.... yeah, ok, more magic, romance, criticism of society (like I haven't done that enough already in Dangerous, but I can't help it)... You'll see what happens. I can't tell you more. :D

Oh, and if anyone is a Librarian on Goodreads, could you please add Runaway to Element Preservers series since I can't add the name of the series so it shows in my profile that Element Preservers has 2 books and not one. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right. I just know that when you are on a page of a book, you can click the title of the series and see other books, and right now when you click on mine, it shows only Dangerous. Thanks! I can add the cover and the blurb later. Now I have to go. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment