Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book Review: Everneath by Brodi Ashton

The third book I read was Everneath by Brodi Ashton. I really, really loved this book! I mean, look at the cover? Isn't the most gorgeous thing ever? Now see the overview from Goodreads:
"Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's..
."

I started reading this book just to see what it was like. It sounded so good and I figured I could take a peek inside, and see how it was. But as I started reading, I couldn't just stop. No, really, I was unable to stop myself, and that hasn't happened for a loooong time. I just wanted to know what would happen, and even now I can't stop thinking about it. I just want the next book ahaha I read this one in a day. It's a really nice, interesting and quick read, without unnecessary details and boring parts. And we actually go between present and the past to get all the story, and you know what, that works perfectly! I wasn't even a tiny bit confused and it was much better than just dumping info on us.

Warning: SPOILERS from now on. It's true that I adore mythology, so everything related to it makes me extra happy. I like all the twists and turns here on the old myths. And now let's get to my favorite part: Cole. *swoon* Yes, he's like my perfect everything lol He's a bad boy and a singer, who just might feel something for Nikki, and even though he wants to use her for his most likely evil causes, he's not actually forcing her into anything, except maybe manipulating her emotions one time, but I think that emotion had to be there already and he only made it stronger. I believe her decisions were all her own. (Yeah, I'm going to try to defend my book boyfriends any way that I can XD). Cole does come through Nikki's window a few times (and so does Jack), which is a bit creepy, but at least he wasn't watching her sleep or change clothes or something lol I hope. And he actually honored the deal when she told him to stay away. I still can't help but wonder why he didn't just kidnap her or something, if it was all so important for him to make her a new queen. But all the scenes they shared...awww! And I'm still so intrigued about him and his world.

And to agree with Cole, I just don't see Nikki/Jack thing. Jack is just, I don't know, I have no idea why they love each other and why is he so desperate and depressed without her. He's like Bella. But he doesn't bother me actually like Shay from Nightshade does, so I see he and Nikki have this apparently epic mythological love story going on, and I guess they will end up together someday because, well, it's...epic, I guess. I don't mind that, but I want as more Cole moments as possible ahah and I'll just enjoy in that. I know Nikki/Cole thing doesn't feel real at the moment, but it could be. *cough cough* Because true love is always more epic when it brings something good out of people and not just because something is meant to be or written in the stars (gah, Secret Circle). Maybe I'll get it in the next book why Jack did what he did for Nikki. I know, love, but why? Well, I can't wait for the next book! And yeha, I'm a little bit disappointed we didn't get to see that underworld or whatever it is called. I hoped Nikki would just go with Cole and discover it, then she could epically come back or sth, but hey, I guess that's the twist. XD Oh, and of course I reccomend this! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment