Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dangerous is now only 99 cents! Small Update and Book Rec!

I've been planning to update my blog for ages, but I never had time or knew what to write. Actually, I would come up with a topic while I was doing something, and then completely forgot about it when I reached my computer. I guess I'm just not used to having a blog. It seems easier to write a book than come up with a blog post. :P
Anyway, with holidays coming and everything, Dangerous (the first book in Element Preservers series) is now only 0.99$ at Smashwords, Apple, Sony and Diesel. Barnes & Noble should update the price soon and I hope my book will finally appear on Kobo too.  So now might be a great chance to grab your copy. :D
I started writing Runaway (the second book in Element Preservers) and I can't even describe how happy I am about that. I missed Ria and her messed up life. And right now the book is basically writing itself. Of course, I'm full of ideas and plots for the next gazillion of books, but I don't really have much time to write. Maybe I'd have more time if I wasn't also an avid reader who just can't stop herself from picking up a new book. But I'm sure I'll finish Runaway in time, so no worries. :D Maybe I even manage to finish earlier than expected.
I also got most of the feedback from my beta readers for Human, which is coming out in January. We are working now on editing some things and making sure everything is ready for publishing. I still don't know the exact date, but I was thinking it could be around 20th. Honestly, if my friend hadn't asked me for the exact date, I would totally think no one cared when I published it. I mean, I'm not some famous writer or anything, so I figured it just didn't matter. But my friend was all like, "are you crazy? I want a date!" so I'll try to come up with a date, but I can't promise anything. I'm just not sure how long it will take, and I didn't really write down how long it took me publish Dangerous, so I'm a bit lost. We'll see.
Now let's talk a bit about the book, or better said books, that kept me so occupied I didn't want to do anything else. There aren't many books that can grip me so much that I can't stop reading, not even for a second. Yeah, one of those books that make you think "oh, I'll just finish this chapter, then I'll do xy", and then you never get to doing what you wanted because you thought, "oh, only one chapter more. It isn't much."
Picture Iron King by Julie Kagawa!!
Summary from Goodreads:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

Now what I can say about this book except that it's pure awesomeness? I just couldn't stop reading and I immediatelly had to read the entire series, which were all awesome too! I don't really want to spoil the book for you if you haven't read it, but I seriously recommend it. The world Julie created is just awesome and described really good. The pacing is not annoying slow, but not too fast either. The characters are really lovable and will steal your heart in a second. The romance might be a tiny little bit too sudden, but it wasn't exactly 'I see you, I love you' thing, so I'm happy. There were also some tiny issues, which I overlooked because they weren't really important, like Meghan saying Ash called her for the first time by her name, and he had already done that like half a page before. What else can I say? Ash became one of my favorite male characters ever. This book actually made me like faeries because I was never really a fan of them, probably because I kept imagining them like Tinkerbell. :D Anyway, I really liked Meghan because she would do anything to save people she cares about. (I'm trying really hard not to spoil anything.)
For those who read the book, I also loved Grimalkin, because, seriously, who wouldn't love that cat? :P Now to my less popular opinion (please don't throw rocks at me), I didn't really care for Puck. It might have something to do with me being annoyed by him in Midsummer Night's Dream, but even though he was funny at times, I just couldn't bring myself to really like him and sometimes wished he'd just go away. :P
Ok, since I really suck at writing reviews, I suggest you check out this book on Goodreads and see reviews of people who know what they're doing. But if you're looking for a great read, don't hesitate to check this one out. A really great series. I read all four books and those short novellas, and now I'm just sad it's all over. I want more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment